Reuben, a stakes-winning son of Rubiano, has been bought by Tandy and Debra Walker's W Bar 3 Running Horses for stallion duty at TNL Farms near Bosque, N.M.
Favored Rocky Gulch would not be denied in his quest to become racing's newest millionaire, prevailing by a neck over El Minuto in the $212,100 New Mexico Cup Classic Championship at Zia Park Sunday in Hobbs, N.M.
The board of England's Ascot racecourse has been informed by its Chief Executive, Douglas Erskine-Crum, of his intention to leave Ascot in the New Year. After nearly 13 years with Ascot, he has decided that the time has come for him to find a new challenge and to handover to someone new.
Louisiana Slew, a son of Seattle Slew who sold for $2.9 million as a yearling, died in late May at San Juan Equine Center near Bloomfield, N.M.
Front-running Rocky Gulch was tiring fast in Sunday's $147,200 New Mexico Cup Classic at Zia Park under his 127-pound impost, but under powerful urging from jockey Jorge Bourdieu, the 4-year-old gelding got the job done as the prohibitive favorite.
Graded stakes winner Cellars Shiraz has been retired from racing with $728,410 in earnings and is booked to Silver Charm.
Michael Walker won New Zealand's jockey championship at age 16. Now a much older and wiser 17, Walker recently matched and will soon eclipse the country's record for most wins in a year.
A purse of $100,000 and 'Handicapper of the Year' bragging rights are at stake when 204 horseplayers gather for the $212,000 "Daily Racing Form/National Thoroughbred Association Handicapping Championship" on Jan. 12-13 at the MGM GRand in Las Vegas.
Most Popular Stories
- Five-Year Suspension, $25,000 Fine for Chapa
- Lopez Lets El Kabeir Be 'The Boss'
- HOF Trainer Jerkens in Intensive Care in FL
- Breeders' Cup Tickets Go On Sale March 4
- Crimson Giant Chasing Unlikely Big 'Cap Glory
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- Horses to Watch at F-T Florida Sale
- American Pharoah Tops 162 Blue Grass Nominees
- Consignors Upbeat Ahead of F-T Florida Sale
- Water Bucket Heater Caused Chanteclaire Fire