Two-year-old Meteor Impact makes the biggest noise on Louisiana Champions Day.
Fair Grounds Race Course in New Orleans presents Louisiana Champions Day Saturday, a series of 10 races worth a total of $1 million for horses bred in Louisiana.
Louisiana Downs honors meet champs...Hoosier Park prepares for Ladies' Night...Sam Houston hosts owners' seminar...Zito bobblehead to hit Churchill.
Events often overtake intentions. When Edward J. DeBartolo created the Super Derby in 1980 for his Louisiana Downs, he intended it to be a late-season showdown for the top 3-year-olds in the nation. And although its name might have been a touch hyperbolic, even arrogant, the Super Derby indeed became a highlight on the racing calendar.
Most Popular Stories
- NY-Bred Stakes Program Adds 2014 Enhancements
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident