Two-year-old Meteor Impact makes the biggest noise on Louisiana Champions Day.
Fair Grounds Race Course in New Orleans presents Louisiana Champions Day Saturday, a series of 10 races worth a total of $1 million for horses bred in Louisiana.
Louisiana Downs honors meet champs...Hoosier Park prepares for Ladies' Night...Sam Houston hosts owners' seminar...Zito bobblehead to hit Churchill.
Events often overtake intentions. When Edward J. DeBartolo created the Super Derby in 1980 for his Louisiana Downs, he intended it to be a late-season showdown for the top 3-year-olds in the nation. And although its name might have been a touch hyperbolic, even arrogant, the Super Derby indeed became a highlight on the racing calendar.
Most Popular Stories
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Noble Bird May Start in Pegasus
- New York trainer/breeder DiSanto Dies at 62
- California Chrome Focused in Penultimate Move
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Lockdown Cruises in Busanda Win
- High Profile Fillies in Fair Grounds Stakes
- Pletcher Contenders Breeze for Pegasus
- Barretts January Set for Familiar Fairplex Location