Two-year-old Meteor Impact makes the biggest noise on Louisiana Champions Day.
Fair Grounds Race Course in New Orleans presents Louisiana Champions Day Saturday, a series of 10 races worth a total of $1 million for horses bred in Louisiana.
Louisiana Downs honors meet champs...Hoosier Park prepares for Ladies' Night...Sam Houston hosts owners' seminar...Zito bobblehead to hit Churchill.
Events often overtake intentions. When Edward J. DeBartolo created the Super Derby in 1980 for his Louisiana Downs, he intended it to be a late-season showdown for the top 3-year-olds in the nation. And although its name might have been a touch hyperbolic, even arrogant, the Super Derby indeed became a highlight on the racing calendar.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Untapable Unstoppable in Grade I Cotillion
- Miss Behaviour Romps in Charles Town Oaks
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Suffolk Open to Any Viable Plans for Racing
- Artemis Agrotera Gets Up to Win Gallant Bloom
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- Thank You Marylou Coasts Clear in Dogwood
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever