Two-year-old Meteor Impact makes the biggest noise on Louisiana Champions Day.
Fair Grounds Race Course in New Orleans presents Louisiana Champions Day Saturday, a series of 10 races worth a total of $1 million for horses bred in Louisiana.
Louisiana Downs honors meet champs...Hoosier Park prepares for Ladies' Night...Sam Houston hosts owners' seminar...Zito bobblehead to hit Churchill.
Events often overtake intentions. When Edward J. DeBartolo created the Super Derby in 1980 for his Louisiana Downs, he intended it to be a late-season showdown for the top 3-year-olds in the nation. And although its name might have been a touch hyperbolic, even arrogant, the Super Derby indeed became a highlight on the racing calendar.
Most Popular Stories
- Two Share Fastest Furlong Time at F-T Show
- Champion Wise Dan Back at the Track
- Hall Finalists Include Leatherbury, Lava Man
- Wise Dan, Main Sequence Top Turf Classic Noms
- New Social Media Rule for Australian Racing
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- Mountaineer Cancels; Parx Loses Most of Card
- Daredevil Back to Work After Swale Washout
- The Jockey Club 2015 Fact Book Now Online
- Indiana Derby Moves to Mid-July This Year