Representatives of a jockeys' group at Parx Racing said they have an agreement in place that will allow riders who have not signed a new release and waiver of liability to continue to have access to the track.
Representatives of a local riders' group and the Jockeys' Guild plan to meet with officials from Parx Racing the morning of Friday, Nov. 7, to discuss a waiver riders say the track has asked jockeys to sign.
The California Horse Racing Board said Sept. 7 it is working with Santa Anita Park management and horsemen on a waiver for the MI Developments-owned racetrack to replace its synthetic surface with dirt.
Most Popular Stories
- NYTHA Has Plan to Deal With Election Protest
- New York Panel Announces Winning Casino Bids
- Canterbury Park Announces 2015 Stakes Slate
- Indiana Grand Reports Increased Wagering
- Bell to Head Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Court Decision Threatens Illinois Racing
- Aussie Sale Buyers Can Request Steroid Test
- 2014 Auctions Digest
- Newsmakers of 2014