Trainer Jonathan Sheppard, who won Saratoga's major steeplechase race, Thursday's New York Turf Writer's Cup (NSA-I), hopes to land one on the flat when he saddles Latice in the $100,000-aded Glens Falls Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares on the turf Monday.
Melnyk Racing Stable's Indian Vale, who disappointed as the 2-5 favorite in last month's Cotillion Handicap (gr. II) at Philadelphia Park, will try to atone for that effort Saturday in the $100,000-added Turnback the Alarm Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares at Aqueduct.
A fresh start was in order for the Irish-bred invader Naissance Royale, who began her career in France, and the 3-year-old filly responded brilliantly with a late surge to win in the $150,000 Lake Placid Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Saratoga lawn Friday.
TNT Stud's undefeated three-year-old filly Melhor Ainda takes on seven rivals in Sunday's $100,000-added Sands Point for 3-year-old fillies at 1 1/8 miles on the Belmont Park turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Close Hatches Dominates Personal Ensign
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Mark Valeski, Magna Graduate to Woodford
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- Irish Surf Opts for Classic Over Del Mar 'Cap
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Jerkens, Lukas, Durkin Honored at Saratoga
- Narniyn Seeks Breakthrough in Jean Romanet