Simmering concerns over wagering security in the pari-mutuel industry flared up again April 21 with a strong call for independent monitoring and an end to the practice of "past-posting" -- making bets after races begin.
The vital areas of wagering integrity, technology, and medication will be spotlighted at The Jockey Club's Round Table Conference in Saratoga Springs, N.Y. on Aug. 17.
Giuliani Partners, led by chairman and chief executive officer Rudolph W. Giuliani, will present a report on the integrity of electronic wagering in the racing industry on Aug. 17 at The Jockey Club's 51st annual Round Table Conference in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Most Popular Stories
- Work All Week, Alsvid Meet Again in Smile
- Merry Meadow Returns in Princess Rooney
- Divisidero, Bolo Meet in Deep Belmont Derby
- Lady Eli Heads Brown's Belmont Oaks Hand
- Texas Red Provides Dwyer Stakes Star Power
- Classic Winner Tonalist Towers Over Suburban
- Kentuckian Tops Los Alamitos Derby Field
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Trainer Walsh Says Mistake Led to Positive
- Grade I Winners Meet in Belmont Sprint