Simmering concerns over wagering security in the pari-mutuel industry flared up again April 21 with a strong call for independent monitoring and an end to the practice of "past-posting" -- making bets after races begin.
The vital areas of wagering integrity, technology, and medication will be spotlighted at The Jockey Club's Round Table Conference in Saratoga Springs, N.Y. on Aug. 17.
Giuliani Partners, led by chairman and chief executive officer Rudolph W. Giuliani, will present a report on the integrity of electronic wagering in the racing industry on Aug. 17 at The Jockey Club's 51st annual Round Table Conference in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Drefong Set for 2017 Debut in Bing Crosby
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Remembering City Zip and His Epic Hopeful
- Can'thelpbelieving, Dragon Bay Duel in Nijinsky Stakes
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts