Simmering concerns over wagering security in the pari-mutuel industry flared up again April 21 with a strong call for independent monitoring and an end to the practice of "past-posting" -- making bets after races begin.
The vital areas of wagering integrity, technology, and medication will be spotlighted at The Jockey Club's Round Table Conference in Saratoga Springs, N.Y. on Aug. 17.
Giuliani Partners, led by chairman and chief executive officer Rudolph W. Giuliani, will present a report on the integrity of electronic wagering in the racing industry on Aug. 17 at The Jockey Club's 51st annual Round Table Conference in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Hialeah Sees New Thoroughbred Opportunity
- Princess of Sylmar Seeks Del 'Cap Rebound
- Sky Lantern Takes Second Crack at Falmouth
- Panel: Change in Culture Needed in Racing
- Boisterous Holds Class Edge in Bowling Green
- Admiral Kitten Back at Arlington Park
- Stars and Stripes Good Spot for Suntracer