Newmarket, England-based Tattersalls sales company saw a 163,098,250 guineas annual turnover in 2003, beating last year's record by 21%, after the most-successful ever December Sale finished Thursday night.
Ten-year-old Lady Carla, the 1996 Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) heroine, topped the penultimate day's business at Tattersalls' December Sale Wendesday when selling for 1,050,000 guineas ($1,896,300) to Timmy Hyde, owner of Camas Park Stud in Co Tipperary, and Coolmore Stud's Paul Shanahan.
A February-born Singspiel colt out of champion racemare Bosra Sham set the Tattersalls sale ring alight in Newmarket Friday night when selling for 525,000 guineas to Sheik Mohammed at the December Foal Sale.
Tattersalls' December Foal Sale continued to break records in Newmarket Thursday, with the 23,128 guineas average up 34% on the equivalent day last year.
Most Popular Stories
- Late Run Lifts Dacita to Victory in Diana
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- Fair Eva First Stakes Winner for Frankel
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- Highland Reel Leads Every Step in King George