Newmarket, England-based Tattersalls sales company saw a 163,098,250 guineas annual turnover in 2003, beating last year's record by 21%, after the most-successful ever December Sale finished Thursday night.
Ten-year-old Lady Carla, the 1996 Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) heroine, topped the penultimate day's business at Tattersalls' December Sale Wendesday when selling for 1,050,000 guineas ($1,896,300) to Timmy Hyde, owner of Camas Park Stud in Co Tipperary, and Coolmore Stud's Paul Shanahan.
A February-born Singspiel colt out of champion racemare Bosra Sham set the Tattersalls sale ring alight in Newmarket Friday night when selling for 525,000 guineas to Sheik Mohammed at the December Foal Sale.
Tattersalls' December Foal Sale continued to break records in Newmarket Thursday, with the 23,128 guineas average up 34% on the equivalent day last year.
Most Popular Stories
- Catalog Online for Barretts 2-Year-Old Sale
- Upstart Proves Class in Holy Bull
- Eblouissante Retired, to be Bred in Europe
- Coalport Convincing Winner of Connally Cup
- Alert Bay Victorious in Cal Cup Turf Classic
- Mischief Clem, 'Kitty Post Upsets in Cal Cup
- Lochte Triumphs in Tampa Bay Thriller
- Birdatthewire Soars to Easy Forward Gal Win
- Barbados Makes the Grade in Hutcheson
- Sugar Shock Takes American Beauty in Comeback