Newmarket, England-based Tattersalls sales company saw a 163,098,250 guineas annual turnover in 2003, beating last year's record by 21%, after the most-successful ever December Sale finished Thursday night.
Ten-year-old Lady Carla, the 1996 Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) heroine, topped the penultimate day's business at Tattersalls' December Sale Wendesday when selling for 1,050,000 guineas ($1,896,300) to Timmy Hyde, owner of Camas Park Stud in Co Tipperary, and Coolmore Stud's Paul Shanahan.
A February-born Singspiel colt out of champion racemare Bosra Sham set the Tattersalls sale ring alight in Newmarket Friday night when selling for 525,000 guineas to Sheik Mohammed at the December Foal Sale.
Tattersalls' December Foal Sale continued to break records in Newmarket Thursday, with the 23,128 guineas average up 34% on the equivalent day last year.
Most Popular Stories
- Wild Again Still Impacting the Breeders' Cup
- Indiana Reports Multiple Medication Sanctions
- Broadcaster Edwards to Emcee Eclipse Awards
- Monmouth, Atlantic City Granted 2015 Dates
- Moore, Ortiz Line Up for HK Jockey Battle
- Goffs Registers Record-Breaking Foal Sale
- Indiana Grand Approved for 120 Dates in 2015
- 'Indian Charlie' Sues to Get Back on Track
- New York to Act on New Medication Rules
- First Win for United States at Charles Town