Heavy action by lookers at the barns is followed by brisk bidding in the ring during Day Six of the Keeneland September yearling sale. All key indices are up over last year's figures.
Madcap Escape, winner of the Old Hat Stakes, and La Reina, who hasn't yet started this year, are among the six entrants for Saturday's Stonerside Forward Gal Stakes (gr. II).
Turn to Lass battled with All Electric throughout before prevailing in the stretch to win the $50,000 Martha Washington, featured race on the President's Day card Monday at Oaklawn Park in Arkansas.
Mr. and Mrs. Martin J. Wygod's homebred Silent Sighs took advantage of the fast pace set by Wacky Patty, catching the pacesetter in the final strides in winning the $250,000 Ocala Stud Oaks that was part of the Sunshine Millions Day card at Gulfstream Park.
Trainer James K. Chapman, who has been based in California for a decade, recently purchased a farm in Florida and will be active in both states next year.
Grade III winner Wacky Patty is among the 10 fillies scheduled to compete Friday night in the $250,000 Boyd's Gaming Delta Princess Stakes at Delta Downs.
Wacky Patty, the only filly in Friday's $100,300 Landaluce Stakes (gr. III) for 2-year-olds with a stakes victory to her credit, defeated Cherish Destiny by a length in the six-furlong test at Hollywood Park.
Friday's $150,000 American Handicap (gr. IIT), a turf event that has been won by nine champions, figures to more clearly define the burgeoning international status of South American superstar Candy Ride.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Tapwrit Works Toward Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Werther Goes the Distance in Hong Kong
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double