After a disappointing experience on the Triple Crown trail last year, Michael Tabor's Lion Tamer may be ready to emerge as one of the nation's top sprinters following his victory Saturday in the $200,000 Richter Scale Breeders' Cup Sprint Championship Handicap (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park.
Mac Fehsenfeld's Valid Video, winner of the Sunshine Millions Dash last year at Gulfstream, was installed the 9-5 favorite in the early line for Saturday's $200,00 Richter Scale Breeders' Cup Championship Handicap (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park.
Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I) winner Funny Cide made an auspicious return to the races at Gulfstream Park on Jan. 11, drawing off for an impressive five-length win over American Style in a seven-furlong money allowance race.
Sackatoga Stable's Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I) winner Funny Cide has been entered in a seven-furlong allowance/optional claiming race on Saturday's card at Gulfstream Park.
Dogwood Stable's Boston Bull was easily the best in Sunday's 80th running of the Cowdin Stakes (gr. III) for 2-year-olds, winning by about five lengths at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- Quidura Reigns for Motion in Valley View
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Report: Dips in Stallion, Mares-Bred Numbers
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- Mr. Nightlinger Moved to Mighty Acres
- Phlash Phelps Team Back in Maryland Million
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland