After a disappointing experience on the Triple Crown trail last year, Michael Tabor's Lion Tamer may be ready to emerge as one of the nation's top sprinters following his victory Saturday in the $200,000 Richter Scale Breeders' Cup Sprint Championship Handicap (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park.
Mac Fehsenfeld's Valid Video, winner of the Sunshine Millions Dash last year at Gulfstream, was installed the 9-5 favorite in the early line for Saturday's $200,00 Richter Scale Breeders' Cup Championship Handicap (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park.
Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I) winner Funny Cide made an auspicious return to the races at Gulfstream Park on Jan. 11, drawing off for an impressive five-length win over American Style in a seven-furlong money allowance race.
Sackatoga Stable's Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I) winner Funny Cide has been entered in a seven-furlong allowance/optional claiming race on Saturday's card at Gulfstream Park.
Dogwood Stable's Boston Bull was easily the best in Sunday's 80th running of the Cowdin Stakes (gr. III) for 2-year-olds, winning by about five lengths at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Oscar Performance Targeting Keeneland for Season Debut
- Boat Trip Gets First Foal Times Three
- Three Rules Fires Florida Bullet
- Guest Suite Taking Farish, Howard on Classic Ride