After a disappointing experience on the Triple Crown trail last year, Michael Tabor's Lion Tamer may be ready to emerge as one of the nation's top sprinters following his victory Saturday in the $200,000 Richter Scale Breeders' Cup Sprint Championship Handicap (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park.
Mac Fehsenfeld's Valid Video, winner of the Sunshine Millions Dash last year at Gulfstream, was installed the 9-5 favorite in the early line for Saturday's $200,00 Richter Scale Breeders' Cup Championship Handicap (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park.
Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I) winner Funny Cide made an auspicious return to the races at Gulfstream Park on Jan. 11, drawing off for an impressive five-length win over American Style in a seven-furlong money allowance race.
Sackatoga Stable's Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I) winner Funny Cide has been entered in a seven-furlong allowance/optional claiming race on Saturday's card at Gulfstream Park.
Dogwood Stable's Boston Bull was easily the best in Sunday's 80th running of the Cowdin Stakes (gr. III) for 2-year-olds, winning by about five lengths at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade II Winners to Battle in WV Derby
- No Worries for Paquette in First Race Call
- Wilkins to Direct Calumet Stallion Division
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern
- As Revenue Drops, NY Casinos Get Extra Hours
- Catalano's Daughter Reports Progress
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Godolphin's Romansh on Schedule for Whitney
- 2015 Preakness Stakes Logo Unveiled