West Point Thoroughbreds' Empire Dreams benefited from an outside post and clear trip July 12 to take the $161,000 New York Derby at Finger Lakes, while an incident at the start impacted more than half the field.
Ron the Greek picked a perfect time to snap out of a lengthy slump when he demolished the field in the $1 million Jockey Club Gold Cup (gr. I) in a 21-1 upset Sept. 28 at Belmont Park.
Favored Amira's Prince recorded his fourth consecutive win since arriving in the United States, holding off a determined charge from Willcox Inn in the $400,000 Mervin H. Muniz Memorial Handicap (gr. IIT) March 30.
Amira's Prince remained a perfect three-for-three in the U.S. Feb. 16, collecting his first graded-stakes win in the $150,000 Mac Diarmida (gr. IIT) at Gulfstream Park.
Ron the Greek, charging through the stretch along the inside, came from off the pace to nip odds-on favorite Wise Dan at the wire in the Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I) under the lights at Churchill Downs June 16.
Al Khali finally got loose in mid-stretch and ran down odds-on favorite Winchester in the final yards to win the $150,000 Bowling Green Handicap (gr. IIT) Sept. 11 at Belmont Park.
It took Al Khali five tries, but he finally got his graded stakes score Sept. 6 at Saratoga, running down the two pacesetters in mid-stretch and taking the $107,000 Saranac (gr. IIIT) by 1 1/4 lengths.
Heavily backed Attila's Storm, carrying high weight of 120 pounds, ended a six-race losing streak when he put away speedy Kelp and outlasted Wild Jam for a 1 1/4-length victory in the $105,100 Toboggan Handicap (gr. III).
Most Popular Stories
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- Competitive Group Entered for Smarty Jones
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Lemon Drop Kid: A Class Act
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Hollendorfer Duo Part of Even Yellow Ribbon
- Micromanage Set for Another Distance Test
- Texas Racing Commission OKs Instant Racing