Afleeting Lady built a three-race win streak and gave trainer Dale Romans his 19th graded stakes score of the season when she powered to victory in the $162,450 Falls City Handicap (gr. II) Nov. 22 at Churchill Downs.
Afleeting Lady had things her way in the Turnback the Alarm Handicap (gr. III) at Belmont Park as she raced slightly off the pace set by All Due Respect before drawing clear in the final furlong to win by 3 1/2 lengths,
Trainer Dale Romans, who already has established a personal record for single-season North American earnings in 2012, has multiple chances to take down additional lucrative prizes over the next two weeks at Belmont Park
Multiple grade I winner Shackleford will not run in the $500,000 Forego Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course Sept. 1, trainer Dale Romans said the morning of the race.
Shackleford is scheduled to enter stud at Darby Dan Farm near Lexington following the 2012 racing season. But before he becomes a stallion, the 4-year-old son of Forestry still has plenty of work to do.
Shackleford on Saturday reinforced trainer Dale Romans' belief that his colt is a strong contender to win the Kentucky Derby when he turned in a strong five-furlong work over a sloppy Churchill track April 23.
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Finest City Dazzles in Santa Monica
- Page McKenney Does it Again at Laurel Park
- First Foal Arrives for Gainesway's Karakontie
- Classic Empire On Track for Holy Bull
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Pegasus Workers Drill Across Florida
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner