The Jockey Club announced Aug. 17 the election of four new members: Rogers Beasley, John Magnier, Ro Parra, and Thomas Robbins.
New security measures will be employed for horses participating in the $1 million Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I), Keeneland announced March 25.
Enhanced security measures will be used for horses competing in the Toyota Blue Grass (gr. I) April 12, Keeneland announced.
Keeneland announced July 25 the scheduling of 17 stakes races--six of which are grade I events--worth $4.625 million in purse money, for its 2013 fall race meeting, to be held October 4-26.
With Russian President Vladimir Putin and other dignitaries from the Gas Exporting Countries' Forum in attendance July 1, American-bred horses ran first and second in the President's Cup at the Central Moscow Hippodrome.
Keeneland Racecourse in Lexington is moving the $300,000 Madison Stakes (gr. I) to Toyota Blue Grass Stakes Day, Saturday, April 13.
Five grade I races, including the newly upgraded Jenny Wiley Stakes, headline the 16 stakes worth $3.625 million slated for Keeneland's 2012 spring race meeting that was announced Jan. 19.
Keeneland has slated 18 stakes--led by five grade I races on opening FallStars Weekend--with purse money totaling $4.375 million for its 2011 fall meeting.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Get your Scorecard, the Travers Trail Has Begun
- Delta Bluesman Aims to Repeat in Smile Sprint