Four prominent Virginia horse groups have united to form a new organization, the Virginia Equine Alliance, dedicated to growing the state's racing industry.
Virginia racing industry leaders Anne Poulson, Ernie Oare, and Dr. Jens von Lepel resigned from the Virginia Thoroughbred Association board June 28 over the controversial firing of former executive director Glenn Petty.
The Virginia Thoroughbred Association's expanded Mid-South Stallion Season Auction will conclude today at 8 p.m. Bidding starts at 9 a.m EDT. The auction will benefit the VTA, and has been expanded this year to include the North Carolina and South Carolina Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Associations.
Due to inclement weather, the Virginia Thoroughbred Association's annual stallion season auction has been rescheduled for Tuesday, February 10, and Wednesday, February 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Holy Bull Stakes Goal for Gunnevera
- Three Rules Being Considered for Swale Stakes
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field