Four prominent Virginia horse groups have united to form a new organization, the Virginia Equine Alliance, dedicated to growing the state's racing industry.
Virginia racing industry leaders Anne Poulson, Ernie Oare, and Dr. Jens von Lepel resigned from the Virginia Thoroughbred Association board June 28 over the controversial firing of former executive director Glenn Petty.
The Virginia Thoroughbred Association's expanded Mid-South Stallion Season Auction will conclude today at 8 p.m. Bidding starts at 9 a.m EDT. The auction will benefit the VTA, and has been expanded this year to include the North Carolina and South Carolina Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Associations.
Due to inclement weather, the Virginia Thoroughbred Association's annual stallion season auction has been rescheduled for Tuesday, February 10, and Wednesday, February 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Disco Rico Euthanized After Laminitis Battle
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Horsemen, Suffolk Downs Continue Discussion
- Durkin to Receive Eclipse Award of Merit
- Attorney: NYTHA Protest Plan Not Objective
- Slideshow: 2014 Farewells
- KEEP Changes Include Staff, Expenditures
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- RCI Appoints Five to New Medication Board
- Dortmund Stands Out in Los Alamitos Futurity