Four prominent Virginia horse groups have united to form a new organization, the Virginia Equine Alliance, dedicated to growing the state's racing industry.
Virginia racing industry leaders Anne Poulson, Ernie Oare, and Dr. Jens von Lepel resigned from the Virginia Thoroughbred Association board June 28 over the controversial firing of former executive director Glenn Petty.
The Virginia Thoroughbred Association's expanded Mid-South Stallion Season Auction will conclude today at 8 p.m. Bidding starts at 9 a.m EDT. The auction will benefit the VTA, and has been expanded this year to include the North Carolina and South Carolina Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Associations.
Due to inclement weather, the Virginia Thoroughbred Association's annual stallion season auction has been rescheduled for Tuesday, February 10, and Wednesday, February 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Desormeaux Switches Agents to Arroyo
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Into Mischief Filly Tops Early at Midlantic Sale
- Hips to Watch: Day 2 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Speedy Smart Strike Filly Brings $525,000
- Smart Strike Filly Leads the Way at Midlantic Sale
- Jimmy Creed Filly Pride of Endswell's Consignment