Four prominent Virginia horse groups have united to form a new organization, the Virginia Equine Alliance, dedicated to growing the state's racing industry.
Virginia racing industry leaders Anne Poulson, Ernie Oare, and Dr. Jens von Lepel resigned from the Virginia Thoroughbred Association board June 28 over the controversial firing of former executive director Glenn Petty.
The Virginia Thoroughbred Association's expanded Mid-South Stallion Season Auction will conclude today at 8 p.m. Bidding starts at 9 a.m EDT. The auction will benefit the VTA, and has been expanded this year to include the North Carolina and South Carolina Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Associations.
Due to inclement weather, the Virginia Thoroughbred Association's annual stallion season auction has been rescheduled for Tuesday, February 10, and Wednesday, February 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Scat Daddy Colt Tops Sale at F-T Florida
- Shared Belief a Massive Favorite in Big 'Cap
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- On the Muscle, Dortmund Ready for San Felipe
- Carpe Diem Faces Ocean Knight in Tampa Derby
- Gulfstream 'Cap Distance Fits Private Zone
- Retired Trainer Lake Dies in Saratoga Springs
- Winning Prize to Defend Kilroe Mile Title
- Five-Year Suspension, $25,000 Fine for Chapa
- Penn Cancels March 4, Charles Town March 5.