With legislation in place calling for the Virginia Racing Commission to recognize one official horsemen's group on the Thoroughbred side, the regulatory body is busy shaping the criteria it will use to determine that group.
As of Thursday, May 22, racing at Colonial Downs this year appears to be unlikely as horsemen in Virginia and the track have failed to reach an agreement on the schedule.
Darley has renewed its sponsorship of the $1,005,000 Darley Australian Cup (Aust-I) for another three years, it was announced Sept. 16.
- By Tracy Gantz
The winner of Sunday's San Juan Capistrano Invitational Handicap (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita will receive an automatic invitation to compete in this year's Emirates Melbourne Cup (Aus-I), according to a strategic partnership announced Thursday by Santa Anita and the Victoria Racing Club.
- By Nick Hahn
Satellite television customers in Virginia who have watched horse racing on dedicated channels for several years can now wager on the races.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby