As of Thursday, May 22, racing at Colonial Downs this year appears to be unlikely as horsemen in Virginia and the track have failed to reach an agreement on the schedule.
Darley has renewed its sponsorship of the $1,005,000 Darley Australian Cup (Aust-I) for another three years, it was announced Sept. 16.
The winner of Sunday's San Juan Capistrano Invitational Handicap (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita will receive an automatic invitation to compete in this year's Emirates Melbourne Cup (Aus-I), according to a strategic partnership announced Thursday by Santa Anita and the Victoria Racing Club.
Satellite television customers in Virginia who have watched horse racing on dedicated channels for several years can now wager on the races.
Most Popular Stories
- Five-Year Suspension, $25,000 Fine for Chapa
- Lopez Lets El Kabeir be "The Boss"
- Champion Wise Dan Back at the Track
- Two Share Fastest Furlong Time at F-T Show
- Hall Finalists Include Leatherbury, Lava Man
- New Social Media Rule for Australian Racing
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- Wise Dan, Main Sequence Top Turf Classic Noms
- Daredevil Back to Work After Swale Washout
- The Jockey Club 2015 Fact Book Now Online