With legislation in place calling for the Virginia Racing Commission to recognize one official horsemen's group on the Thoroughbred side, the regulatory body is busy shaping the criteria it will use to determine that group.
As of Thursday, May 22, racing at Colonial Downs this year appears to be unlikely as horsemen in Virginia and the track have failed to reach an agreement on the schedule.
Darley has renewed its sponsorship of the $1,005,000 Darley Australian Cup (Aust-I) for another three years, it was announced Sept. 16.
- By Tracy Gantz
The winner of Sunday's San Juan Capistrano Invitational Handicap (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita will receive an automatic invitation to compete in this year's Emirates Melbourne Cup (Aus-I), according to a strategic partnership announced Thursday by Santa Anita and the Victoria Racing Club.
- By Nick Hahn
Satellite television customers in Virginia who have watched horse racing on dedicated channels for several years can now wager on the races.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen