Jason, Evan, and Tim Holland of twinspires.com preview the Iowa Derby (gr. III) at Prairie Meadows. Also, picks for the Mother Goose (gr. I). Watch Video
Fox Hill Farm's Winslow Homer is an unexpected headliner in a field of six in the $250,000 Iowa Derby (gr. III) June 26 at Prairie Meadows.
Heiligbrodt Racing Stable's homebred Crider ran a good second in the May 8 Lone Star Derby (gr. III) last out, which should set him up well for the $125,000 Northern Dancer Stakes (gr. III) June 12 at Churchill Downs.
Connemara, winner of the El Camino Real Derby (gr. III) last month, is the 9-5 morning line favorite for the $500,000 Lane's End Stakes (gr. II) at Turfway Park March 27.
Vow to Wager, who ran second in the John Battaglia Memorial Stakes last out, will face an accomplished field in the March 27 Lane's End Stakes (gr. I) at Turfway Park.
Donegal Racing's 23-1 longshot Vow to Wager was awarded the win in an eventful running of the $100,000 John Battaglia Memorial Stakes Feb. 27 at Turfway Park after Codoy was disqualified for interference.
The John Battaglia Memorial Stakes, the last of three preps on the way to the Lane's End Stakes (gr. II), drew a field of eight 3-year-olds led by Kera's Kitten and graded stakes placed Codoy.
Most Popular Stories
- First Win for United States at Charles Town
- 'Indian Charlie' Sues to Get Back on Track
- Torrid Martin Resumes Golden Gate Hot Streak
- Pomeroy, Flashy Bull to Stand in Saudi Arabia
- Canterbury Gets Approval for 70-Day Meet
- Bear No Joke After Repeat in Kennedy Road
- New York to Act on New Medication Rules
- Ex-Calder Racing Secretary Headed to Hialeah
- Napravnik Among Five Woolf Award Finalists
- Cassatt Takes Advantage of Big Zia Park Day