Managing the sloppy conditions expected for five graded stakes Oct. 1 at Belmont Park.
Barry Schwartz's New York-bred will try to regain his form of last year in six-furlong dash at Belmont Sept. 28.
Trainer Mike Hushion says Vosburgh Invitational (gr. I) winner The Lumber Guy is headed for the Breeders' Cup Nov. 3 at Santa Anita Park, but he and owner Barry Schwartz aren't sure which race.
Trainer Kiaran McLaughlin, following Godolphin's fourth grade I win of the Saratoga meet with Emcee in the Forego Stakes (gr. I) Sept. 1, talked about the upcoming plans for each of those horses.
Giant Ryan held off a challenge by Force Freeze and pulled a 12-1 surprise in the $350,000 Vosburgh Invitational (gr. I) Oct. 1 at muddy Belmont Park.
The Sentient Jet Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) is still five weeks away, but few would complain if the field resembled this weekend's $350,000 Vosburgh Invitational (gr. I) at Belmont Park.
Jason, Tom, and Les Instone of TwinSpires.com handicap the Jockey Club Gold Cup and Vosburgh Inivitational at Belmont Park. watch video
Trappe Shot continued preparations for the Oct. 1 Vosburgh Invitational (gr. I) with a breeze Sept. 17, working in company with stablemate Rattlesnake Bridge. The tandem was clocked in :49.90 for the four-furlong distance.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Museum to Become Home for Lukas Collection
- Wilkes Continues to Do Nafzger Proud
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Grade 2 Winner Iliad Retired
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Thunder Snow Enters Quarantine at Churchill Downs
- Horseman Mike Johnson Knows a Good One in McCraken
- Practical Joke Rewards Breeders' Faith in His Dam
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby