Taking advantage of a swift early pace, Victory Encounter circled the field on the turn for home and rumbled home to register her fourth consecutive triumph in Sunday's $150,000 El Encino Stakes (gr. II) for 4-year-old fillies at Santa Anita.
Island Fashion, smashing six-length winner of the La Brea Stakes (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park on Dec. 27, will be a heavy favorite in Sunday's $150,000 El Encino Stakes (gr. II), second leg of the La Canada series for 4-year-old fillies.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- OBS to Offer Experienced Racehorses, Yearlings, Mares