Taking advantage of a swift early pace, Victory Encounter circled the field on the turn for home and rumbled home to register her fourth consecutive triumph in Sunday's $150,000 El Encino Stakes (gr. II) for 4-year-old fillies at Santa Anita.
Island Fashion, smashing six-length winner of the La Brea Stakes (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park on Dec. 27, will be a heavy favorite in Sunday's $150,000 El Encino Stakes (gr. II), second leg of the La Canada series for 4-year-old fillies.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Apprentice Courtney Hernandez Gets First Win
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches