Taking advantage of a swift early pace, Victory Encounter circled the field on the turn for home and rumbled home to register her fourth consecutive triumph in Sunday's $150,000 El Encino Stakes (gr. II) for 4-year-old fillies at Santa Anita.
Island Fashion, smashing six-length winner of the La Brea Stakes (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park on Dec. 27, will be a heavy favorite in Sunday's $150,000 El Encino Stakes (gr. II), second leg of the La Canada series for 4-year-old fillies.
Most Popular Stories
- RCI Appoints Five to New Medication Board
- Date Announced for Second CBA Symposium
- Heleringer Resigns as KEEP Executive Director
- That Handicapping Show: Los Alamitos Futurity
- Durkin to Receive Eclipse Award of Merit
- EquiLottery, AmTote in Strategic Relationship
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress