Owner Ray Struder fell in love with Landaluce back in 1982. He wants to extend her legacy by winning the Dec. 7 Hollywood Starlet Stakes (gr. I) with his Rosalind.
Ray Struder, in racing as owner since 2010, has his first Breeders' Cup starter in Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) hopeful Rosalind. The Broken Vow filly is trained by Ken McPeek.
An overflow of 24 sophomore fillies passed the entry box for the $125,000 Pin Oak Valley View (gr. IIIT), forcing Keeneland officials to split the Oct. 19 running of the race into divisions for the second time in history.
Leading Astray kicked off a big day for Team Block in fine fashion Sept. 15, notching her fourth triumph in a row and becoming a graded winner in the $175,000 Pucker Up Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Arlington Park.
A full field of 12 grass-favoring sophomore fillies, topped by Virginia Oaks (gr. IIIT) winner Volcat and Italian transplant Angegreen, will line up Sept. 15 for the $175,000 Pucker Up Stakes at Arlington Park.
Volcat found the deep going at Colonial Downs to her liking when she opened up a commanding lead in the stretch and held on for a half-length victory in the $150,000 Virginia Oaks (gr. IIIT) in New Kent July 21.
Zultanite, coming off a pair of strong graded stakes turf efforts, should start a strong favorite in the $150,000 Virginia Oaks (gr. IIIT) on the turf at Colonial Downs July 21.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Sustains Minor Foot Bruise
- Upgraded Marine Gives Canada 44 Graded Stakes
- Ties Atop TJC's Experimental Free Handicaps
- Penn National Gaming Reports Losses for 2014
- Ladies 'Cap: Belle Gallantey Seeks Turnaround
- NTRA Meets With Treasury on Withholding Taxes
- That Handicapping Show: The Martha Washington
- NJ Breeders Holding Online Season Auction
- PA Breeders Offering Stallion Season Auction
- Talented Field Assembles for the Sam F. Davis