A total of 22 top-class middle-distance horses from Britain, France, and Ireland go forward for the 2004 Vodafone Coronation Cup (Eng-I) at Epsom Downs on June 4 at today's forfeit stage.
A total of 24 horses remain in the 2003 renewal of the £300,000 Vodafone Coronation Cup after today's forfeit stage, with the Aidan O'Brien-trained Hawk Wing heading the list. Hawk Wing began the season with an 11-length win in the May 17 Juddmonte Lockinge Stakes (Eng-I) over a mile at Newbury.
Petrushka and Mutafaweq, each a three-time group I winner, will face seven other horses in Friday's Vodafone Coronation Cup (Eng-I) at Epsom Downs.
Godolphin has five horses on the list for the Cup, including Fantastic Light, who finished second to Daliapour last year. Fantastic Light, though, is expected to compete at the Curragh in Ireland Sunday in the Tattersalls Gold Cup.
A field of 34, including 10 runners from the Godolphin Stable, has entered the Vodafone Coronation Cup, which will be contested at Epsom on Friday, June 8.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- Emerald Downs Purses to Rise 20% in 2015
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch
- Casino Would Negatively Impact Finger Lakes
- Pedigree Analysis: Milwaukee Brew
- Musselman Drops Lawsuit Against Churchill