Vodafone and Epsom Downs Racecourse announced Jan. 19 that the 2007 Vodafone Derby (Eng-I) will be the 13th and last occasion that the company will sponsor the British classic.
Suspected stamina limitations made it hard to predict a victory for Ouija Board in today's Vodafone Oaks (Eng-I) over 12 furlongs at Epsom, but that didn't stop the daughter of Cape Cross surging to an emphatic and historic seven-length win.
The Belmont Stakes (gr. I), when Funny Cide will bid to win the Triple Crown, is not the only major race being run on June 7. The 224th running of the Vodafone Derby at Epsom Downs in England will be run earlier the same day.
Based on pure chances, Aidan O'Brien has the best shot at winning the Vodafone Derby, with eight horses still eligible
Vodafone has renewed its sponsorship of the Epson Derby (Eng-I) for three years and has an option for a two-year extension.
About five hours before Saturday's Belmont Stakes (gr. I), England will know the results of its Vodafone Epsom Derby (Eng-I). Fourteen horses are entered for the 12-furlong race, and four trainers have multiple entries, including a foursome scheduled to run for Barry Hills.
The Aga Khan's Sinndar won the 1 1/2-mile Vodafone (Epsom) Derby (Eng-I) Saturday at Epsom, England.
Most Popular Stories
- Dalakhani Pensioned from Stud Duty
- Bradley Reflects on Big Day at Saratoga
- Gun Runner Arrives at Monmouth for Haskell
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Elliston Named Keeneland VP of Racing, Sales
- Pacific Overtures
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Old Friends Reports Death of Futural
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired