The board of directors of New York Thoroughbred Breeders held its first meeting of 2014 on Monday, Jan. 27, and enacted several changes to the organization.
- By Claire Novak
It Is foaling season at Edition Farm, and in the deeply straw-bedded stalls of a cozy barn, the miracle of new life occurs. As a mare stretches around to greet her newborn foal, 80-year-old Vivien Malloy is there. Download Now
The board of directors of the New York Thoroughbred Breeders unanimously re-elected Thomas J. Gallo III to serve as board vice president and Vivien Malloy as secretary/treasurer.
Fred Winters has been named farm manager of Vivien Malloy's Edition Farm. The farm is located near Hyde Park, N.Y.
Barry Ostrager, principal owner of Questroyal Stud, has been re-elected president of the New York Thoroughbred Breeders, whose board of directors met Jan. 19.
Craig Bandoroff's Denali Stud in Kentucky and Vivien Malloy's Edition Farm in New York have formed a strategic alliance, it was announced Nov. 30.
A fall from a horse Feb. 21 in Germany claimed the life of Debby Malloy Winkler, daughter of prominent New York breeder and state industry leader Vivien Malloy.
The New York Thoroughbred Breeders concluded its annual board of directors election Dec.3 . This year, NYTB members voted to fill five seats on the 11-person board.
All of the 2009 officers of the New York Thoroughbred Breeders Inc. have been unanimously re-elected to serve in the same positions this year.
At a Jan. 28 organizational meeting of New York Thoroughbred Breeders, Saratoga native Michael McMahon was re-elected as president for a second term.
Most Popular Stories
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- Longform: Long Live the Queen
- For Joe Rocco Jr., It's All About the Horse
- Aktabantay Knocked Out of BC Juvenile Turf
- Sire Tapit Closing in on Record Season
- Santa Anita Confident in New Dirt Surface
- Asmussen Aims to Make Untapable Feel at Home
- Northern Cal Trainers On Cup's Center Stage
- Top Decile Under Radar for Juvenile Fillies
- TimeformUS Breeders' Cup Preview: Distaff