Stakes winner Special Rate was represented by his first foal on Feb. 23. The foal, a colt, was produced from the stakes-winning and stakes-producing mare Noryanny.
Juddmonte Farms' prohibitive favorite Sightseek cruised to her third straight grade I victory Sunday for jockey Jerry Bailey and trainer Bobby Frankel, dusting her five opponents by 11 1/2 lengths in the Go for Wand at Saratoga.
Trainer Bobby Frankel can't win a Triple Crown race, it seems, but he owns nearly everything else. Less than two hours after his Aldebaran won the Metropolitan Handicap (gr. I) at Belmont Park, Tates Creek captured the Gamely (gr. IT) on the Hollywood Park turf.
Tates Creek and rider Jerry Bailey wore down even-money favorite Voodoo Dancer and Corey Nakatani in the final strides of Sunday's $200,000 Las Palmas Handicap (gr. IIT), registering a thrilling neck victory in the concluding stakes race of the Oak Tree at Santa Anita meeting.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Racing Leaders: Triple Crown Would Lift Sport
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- Sun and Warmer Temps Forecast for Belmont Day
- Pan American Conference Draws a Crowd
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- American Pharoah Heading to the Track
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage
- Sherman Reflects on Belmont Past and Present