Stakes winner Special Rate was represented by his first foal on Feb. 23. The foal, a colt, was produced from the stakes-winning and stakes-producing mare Noryanny.
Juddmonte Farms' prohibitive favorite Sightseek cruised to her third straight grade I victory Sunday for jockey Jerry Bailey and trainer Bobby Frankel, dusting her five opponents by 11 1/2 lengths in the Go for Wand at Saratoga.
Trainer Bobby Frankel can't win a Triple Crown race, it seems, but he owns nearly everything else. Less than two hours after his Aldebaran won the Metropolitan Handicap (gr. I) at Belmont Park, Tates Creek captured the Gamely (gr. IT) on the Hollywood Park turf.
Tates Creek and rider Jerry Bailey wore down even-money favorite Voodoo Dancer and Corey Nakatani in the final strides of Sunday's $200,000 Las Palmas Handicap (gr. IIT), registering a thrilling neck victory in the concluding stakes race of the Oak Tree at Santa Anita meeting.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- Grade I Producer Garden Secrets Dies
- Churchill Downs Commits Money to RMTC
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- TOBA July Member of the Month
- Del Mar Makes Adjustment to Slow Polytrack
- Perfect at Spa, Sweet Reason Ready for Test
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown