Co-favorites Itsmyluckyday and Moreno battled shoulder to shoulder through the entire length of the Saratoga stretch before Itsmyluckyday prevailed to win the $600,000 Woodward Stakes (gr. I) by half a length Aug. 30.
Itsmyluckyday, the 6-5 favorite, pulled clear to win the $160,500 Salvator Mile Stakes (gr. III) by 1 1/2 lengths. The son of Lawyer Ron covered the mile in 1:34.88 July 6 at Monmouth Park.
Itsmyluckyday, runner-up in the 2013 Preakness Stakes (gr. I) and winner of the Holy Bull Stakes (gr. II) early in his 3-year-old season, rolled to an authoritative victory April 26 in a minor stakes at Gulfstream Park.
Itsmyluckyday defeated champion Shanghai Bobby and set a track record at Gulfstream Park in the process when he won the $400,000 Holy Bull Stakes (gr. III) Jan. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Is Early Detection of Arthritis in Horses Finally a Reality?
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Lady Pimpernel Gets First U.S. Win in Frankel
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Taris to be Sidelined After Injury in La Brea
- Distinctiv Passion Rockets to Midnight Lute
- Ghost Bay Breaks Maiden in Maryland Juvenile