Co-favorites Itsmyluckyday and Moreno battled shoulder to shoulder through the entire length of the Saratoga stretch before Itsmyluckyday prevailed to win the $600,000 Woodward Stakes (gr. I) by half a length Aug. 30.
Itsmyluckyday, the 6-5 favorite, pulled clear to win the $160,500 Salvator Mile Stakes (gr. III) by 1 1/2 lengths. The son of Lawyer Ron covered the mile in 1:34.88 July 6 at Monmouth Park.
Itsmyluckyday, runner-up in the 2013 Preakness Stakes (gr. I) and winner of the Holy Bull Stakes (gr. II) early in his 3-year-old season, rolled to an authoritative victory April 26 in a minor stakes at Gulfstream Park.
Itsmyluckyday defeated champion Shanghai Bobby and set a track record at Gulfstream Park in the process when he won the $400,000 Holy Bull Stakes (gr. III) Jan. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Connect in Good Shape After PA Derby Win
- Solid Keeneland Sale Ends With Declines
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return
- Handle Decreased 26% at Monmouth Park in 2016
- Miyadi Suspended by CHRB After Altercation