Front-running Sayaad, making his first appearance in more than eight months, drew away from favored Kharafa in the stretch to capture the $147,000 Forbidden Apple Stakes on a yielding turf July 4 at Belmont Park.
Brandon and Diannah Perry are offering their first Thoroughbred yearling consignment in the name of their Kentucky-based Paragon Farms at the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga select sale, which starts its two-night run Aug. 4 in New York.
If the massive Keeneland September auction is the Wal-Mart of yearling sales, then Fasig-Tipton's Saratoga select auction is the stylish little boutique. There are only 195 horses in the Saratoga catalog, and some of their pedigrees are quite fancy. Horses by such top sires as A.P. Indy, Distorted Humor, and Storm Cat are scheduled to be offered during the sale's two-night run, Aug. 4 and 5, in New York.
A Storm Cat colt sold for $400,000 Wednesday to top the third session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. spring sale of 2-year-olds in training.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Keeneland Gross, Average Decline Slightly
- Princess of Sylmar to Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Fields Shaping Up for Super Saturday Card
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Los Alamitos Concludes First Fall Meet
- After the Wire: Game On Dude & Pa. Derby
- Florida Won Steals Ontario Derby Show
- Jockey Court Eyes Return to Race Riding
- Kaldera Up in Time in German St. Leger