Front-running Sayaad, making his first appearance in more than eight months, drew away from favored Kharafa in the stretch to capture the $147,000 Forbidden Apple Stakes on a yielding turf July 4 at Belmont Park.
Brandon and Diannah Perry are offering their first Thoroughbred yearling consignment in the name of their Kentucky-based Paragon Farms at the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga select sale, which starts its two-night run Aug. 4 in New York.
If the massive Keeneland September auction is the Wal-Mart of yearling sales, then Fasig-Tipton's Saratoga select auction is the stylish little boutique. There are only 195 horses in the Saratoga catalog, and some of their pedigrees are quite fancy. Horses by such top sires as A.P. Indy, Distorted Humor, and Storm Cat are scheduled to be offered during the sale's two-night run, Aug. 4 and 5, in New York.
A Storm Cat colt sold for $400,000 Wednesday to top the third session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. spring sale of 2-year-olds in training.
Most Popular Stories
- Tumor Side Effect Leads to Filly's Group I DQ
- Champion She's a Tiger Retired
- Pedigree Analysis: Shared Belief Rides On
- Effort Aims to Improve Animal Feed Safety
- Jockey Oscar Flores Records Milestone Victory
- TimeformUS Weekend Plays: The Whitney
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Del Mar Once Again Shifting Races Off Turf
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney