A Duke of Marmalade colt sold for 145,000 euros ($199,858 in United States funds) Oct. 22 to lead a second day of strong trade at the Arqana October yearling sale in Deauville.
Twice Over completed a memorable afternoon for his connections when he rolled to an impressive 1 3/4-length victory in the Emirates Airline Champion Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket Oct. 16.
Gio Ponti can more than make up for his three consecutive runner-up finishes with a victory in the world's richest horse race -- the $10 million Emirates Airline Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) March 27.
It looks as though a full field of 14 runners will contest the $10 million Dubai World Cup (UAE-I)--the world's richest horse race--March 27 at Meydan Racecourse.
The connections of Life Is Sweet, who unleashed a powerful stretch run to win the Breeders' Cup Ladies Classic (gr. I), have accepted an invitation to take on males in the Dubai World Cup.
Vision D'Etat, who was questionable to even make the starting gate only one day before, showed a blistering turn of foot to stun a top class field in the HK$20 million Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Cup (HK-I) at Sha Tin on Dec. 13
French raider Vision d'Etat stormed from last to first and had enough to hold off the late challenge of Tartan Bearer to capture the Prince of Wales's Stakes (Eng-I) at Royal Ascot June 17.
Vision d'Etat held off a fast-closing Loup Breton by three-quarters of a length to capture the Prix Ganay (Fr-I) at Longchamp April 26.
Vision d'Etat remained undefeated with a determined head victory over Famous Name in the Prix du Jockey-Club (Fr-I) at Chantilly June 1.
Most Popular Stories
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Freshman Flashpoint Gets His First Winner
- Maker a Triple Threat in AP Classic