A Duke of Marmalade colt sold for 145,000 euros ($199,858 in United States funds) Oct. 22 to lead a second day of strong trade at the Arqana October yearling sale in Deauville.
Twice Over completed a memorable afternoon for his connections when he rolled to an impressive 1 3/4-length victory in the Emirates Airline Champion Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket Oct. 16.
Gio Ponti can more than make up for his three consecutive runner-up finishes with a victory in the world's richest horse race -- the $10 million Emirates Airline Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) March 27.
It looks as though a full field of 14 runners will contest the $10 million Dubai World Cup (UAE-I)--the world's richest horse race--March 27 at Meydan Racecourse.
The connections of Life Is Sweet, who unleashed a powerful stretch run to win the Breeders' Cup Ladies Classic (gr. I), have accepted an invitation to take on males in the Dubai World Cup.
Vision D'Etat, who was questionable to even make the starting gate only one day before, showed a blistering turn of foot to stun a top class field in the HK$20 million Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Cup (HK-I) at Sha Tin on Dec. 13
French raider Vision d'Etat stormed from last to first and had enough to hold off the late challenge of Tartan Bearer to capture the Prince of Wales's Stakes (Eng-I) at Royal Ascot June 17.
Vision d'Etat held off a fast-closing Loup Breton by three-quarters of a length to capture the Prix Ganay (Fr-I) at Longchamp April 26.
Vision d'Etat remained undefeated with a determined head victory over Famous Name in the Prix du Jockey-Club (Fr-I) at Chantilly June 1.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Morning-Line Pick in Wide-Open Haskell
- Stellar Wind, Vale Dori Face Off Again in Hirsch
- Into the Gray Brings Graydar First Winner
- Fayeq Impresses in Saratoga Allowance Victory
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- No Sure Favorite in Woodbine's Royal North Stakes
- Ascend, Bigger Picture to Clash in Bowling Green
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Look Back: Bernardini's Dandy Score at Saratoga