Singapore's multiple champion sprinter has been sidelined with sprained suspensory ligament.
A Viscount colt topped the third and final session of the Magic Millions national yearling sale, bringing Aust$110,000 ($118,093 in U.S. funds) June 7 in Australia as the auction ended on a strong note.
The Australian-bred son of Viscount overtook Euroears late to score the Golden Shaheen after finishing second in the race a year ago.
A freshened Misremembered, considered a top candidate for this year's Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I), returns to action for trainer Bob Baffert as the probable favorite in the $200,000 Strub Stakes (gr. II).
Favored Papa Clem seized the lead from pacesetter Smart Bid in the stretch and held off his rival through the lane to score a hard-fought half-length win in the $150,000 San Fernando Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita Jan. 16.
Papa Clem's last win came in the Arkansas Derby (gr. II) nine months ago, but the son of Smart Strike could be the horse to beat in a wide-open San Fernando Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita Jan. 16.
Danehill filly sells for NZ$1.3 million at New Zealand's premier yearling auction.
Northerly edged Sunline and Viscount to win the $1.15 million Cox Plate (Aus-I) on Saturday at Moonee Valley.
New Zealand-bred mare Sunline became only the second horse in the 33-year history of the awards to be named Horse of the Year in Australia twice.
Most Popular Stories
- Durkin Nears Finish Line of Brilliant Career
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- Competitive Group Entered for Smarty Jones
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Lemon Drop Kid: A Class Act
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Hollendorfer Duo Part of Even Yellow Ribbon
- Micromanage Set for Another Distance Test