Sir Henry Cecil's Chachamaidee notched her first group I win when the stewards awarded her the victory over Duntle in the $245,500 Coolmore Fusaichi Pegasus Matron Stakes (Ire-I) at Leopardstown Sept. 8.
The Mr. Prospector male line, which has proved highly formidable in providing winners of the Kentucky Derby, will be represented again in 2011 by another strong crew.
English mile classic winner Virginia Waters has been retired from racing and is booked to leading second-crop sire Giant's Causeway.
Dual Guineas winner Attraction takes on 2005 Guineas winners Virginia Waters and Saoire in Saturday's group I Coolmore Fusaichi Pegasus Matron Stakes at Leopardstown.
Kieren Fallon and Aidan O'Brien became the first jockey-trainer partnership for 38 years to complete the Guineas double Sunday at Newmarket when Virginia Waters won the fillies' Classic, the One Thousand Guineas (Eng-I).
Ballydoyle's Kentucky-bred Virginia Waters swept to the lead in the final 150 yards to register a three-length win over favored Sweet Treat in the Dimitrova 1,000 Guineas Trial (Ire-III) at Leopardstown Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Macher Shows Star Quality in Cary Grant
- Don't Tell Sophia Leads Falls City Handicap
- Hollywood Derby Likely After Chrome's Workout
- Tom's Tribute Tops Talented Seabiscuit Cast
- East Gift Takes Unusual Path Back to Clark
- Calgary Cat Sizzles in Kennedy Road Triumph
- Shipper Holiday Star Faces 10 in Turf Cup
- Danon Shark Wins Mile Championship Thriller
- Ocho Ocho Ocho Cashes Jackpot, Now 3-for-3
- Hushion Seeks 'Wand for Princess Violet