Sir Henry Cecil's Chachamaidee notched her first group I win when the stewards awarded her the victory over Duntle in the $245,500 Coolmore Fusaichi Pegasus Matron Stakes (Ire-I) at Leopardstown Sept. 8.
The Mr. Prospector male line, which has proved highly formidable in providing winners of the Kentucky Derby, will be represented again in 2011 by another strong crew.
English mile classic winner Virginia Waters has been retired from racing and is booked to leading second-crop sire Giant's Causeway.
Dual Guineas winner Attraction takes on 2005 Guineas winners Virginia Waters and Saoire in Saturday's group I Coolmore Fusaichi Pegasus Matron Stakes at Leopardstown.
Kieren Fallon and Aidan O'Brien became the first jockey-trainer partnership for 38 years to complete the Guineas double Sunday at Newmarket when Virginia Waters won the fillies' Classic, the One Thousand Guineas (Eng-I).
Ballydoyle's Kentucky-bred Virginia Waters swept to the lead in the final 150 yards to register a three-length win over favored Sweet Treat in the Dimitrova 1,000 Guineas Trial (Ire-III) at Leopardstown Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Jockey Court Eyes Return to Race Riding
- Gross, Average Decline at Keeneland Sale
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Kaldera Up in Time in German St. Leger
- After the Wire: Pennsylvania Derby
- Untapable Unstoppable in Grade I Cotillion
- Miss Behaviour Romps in Charles Town Oaks
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby