Juddmonte Farms' Intercontinental, a multiple group one-placed competitor in Europe, won her second straight in the United States Sunday, rolling past the leaders in the final furlong to win the $110,600 Jenny Wiley (gr. IIIT) at Keeneland.
Sunday's $100,000-added Jenny Wiley Stakes (gr. IIIT), which drew a field of eight tough fillies and mares to the 1 1/16-mile turf test, features trainer Bobby Frankel's first starter of the Keeneland spring meeting.
Ema Bovary goes after her ninth consecutive victory, facing a field that includes grade I winners Lady Tak and Harmony Lodge, in Wednesday's $175,000 Vinery Madison at Keenland.
Smok'n Frolic and Passing Shot will break next to each other again Sunday when they start in the $100,000, 1 1/8-mile Next Move Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct.
Days of rain forced the $114,600 Sands Point Stakes off the water-logged Belmont Park turf Sunday and enabled main-track-only Savedbythelight to draw off and win the depleted 1 1/8-mile Father's Day stakes race in 1:49 on a fast track.
Locally based Hennie's Song remained unbeaten and notched her first career stake victory in the $100,000 Go For Wand Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at Delaware Park Saturday.
Michael H. Sherman's favored Elegant Designer and jockey Mario Pino came with a late surge to collar Virgin Voyage and then held off that one's stablemate, Xtra Heart, by head to win Saturday's $81,450 Busher Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at 1 1/16 mile.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Grade 1 Haskell Headlines Monmouth Stakes Schedule
- What's Going On Here: Truly Charismatic
- Under Agreement, Trainer Umarov Suspended Five Years
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory