Violence, one of the winter book favorites for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), has been officially retired from racing and will reside at John G. Sikura's Hill 'n' Dale Farms near Lexington.
The equine Violence now must be considered a leading Triple Crown prospect for owner Black Rock Thoroughbreds and trainer Todd Pletcher.
Favored Violence remained unbeaten in three starts when he ran down front-running Fury Kapcori for victory in the $750,000 CashCall Futurity (gr. I), the final graded stakes of the autumn meet at Hollywood Park Dec. 15.
Violence proved profitable in the $200,000 Nashua Stakes (gr. II) for 2-year-olds Nov. 4 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
A Medaglia d'Oro -- Violent Beauty, by Gone West, colt (Hip No. 469) was purchased by Black Rock Stable for $600,000 from the Hill 'n' Dale Sales consignment during the third session of the Keeneland September yearling sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Mshawish Tops Taylor Made Roster, For Now
- Handy Work at Remington for Texas Chrome
- Twilight Son to Cheveley Park in 2017
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Klosterman’s Legacy Continues at Fasig-Tipton
- Malibu Moon, Tapit Colts Could Shine at F-T
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Trainer Baird Reaches Win 2,000
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm