Violence, one of the winter book favorites for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), has been officially retired from racing and will reside at John G. Sikura's Hill 'n' Dale Farms near Lexington.
The equine Violence now must be considered a leading Triple Crown prospect for owner Black Rock Thoroughbreds and trainer Todd Pletcher.
Favored Violence remained unbeaten in three starts when he ran down front-running Fury Kapcori for victory in the $750,000 CashCall Futurity (gr. I), the final graded stakes of the autumn meet at Hollywood Park Dec. 15.
Violence proved profitable in the $200,000 Nashua Stakes (gr. II) for 2-year-olds Nov. 4 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
A Medaglia d'Oro -- Violent Beauty, by Gone West, colt (Hip No. 469) was purchased by Black Rock Stable for $600,000 from the Hill 'n' Dale Sales consignment during the third session of the Keeneland September yearling sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- NY Investigation of Asmussen Case Completed
- NYRA Unveils 10-Race Claiming Series
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages
- National HBPA Sets Convention Agenda
- Racing Investigators to Meet in NJ in March
- 'Chrome' Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful
- TCA to Present Awards of Merit
- 74-Year-Old Horseplayer Wins 2015 NHC Title
- Catastrophic Equine Injuries' Impact on Jockey Injuries