More than 24 hours after Paulassilverlining won her second graded stakes, the Distaff (gr. III) at Aqueduct Racetrack April 17, owner and breeder Vincent Scuderi was still beaming.
Vincent Scuderi's homebred Paulassilverlining earned the second graded victory of her career and first since October 2014 with an emphatic score in the $200,000 Distaff Handicap (gr. III) April 17 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Two-time Carter Handicap (gr. I) winner Dads Caps is scheduled to make his first start in more than seven months in the $150,000 Toboggan Stakes (gr. III) Jan. 30 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Two-time grade I winner Dads Caps appears to be the class in the $250,000 True North Stakes (gr. II) June 5 at Belmont Park, as a part of the Belmont Stakes Racing Festival.
Favored Paulassilverlining slipped through on the rail at the head of the lane and fought Noble and a Beauty to the wire to prevail by a nose in the $98,000 Ruthless Stakes for 3-year-old fillies Jan. 4 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Vincent Scuderi's homebred Paulassilverlining (by Ghostzapper), rallied past Evrybdymstgetstonz to win the six-furlong Matron Stakes (gr. II) Oct. 5 at Belmont Park.
Dads Caps, a front-running sprint specialist who won the April 5 Carter Handicap (gr. I), tops the nine-horse field of 4-year-olds and up entered for the $250,000 True North Stakes (gr. II) at Belmont Park June 6.
Veteran campaigner Strapping Groom, winner of the Forego Stakes (gr. I) over a muddy track last year, has been installed the 7-5 morning line choice in the field of seven drawn for the March 1 Tom Fool Handicap (gr. III).
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Maurice, Chautauqua Victorious in Hong Kong
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile