The Irish have developed a unique understanding of the horse, one passed from generation to generation along with a relationship fused through time to form the bond of mutual dependency that exists today.
Law Society, winner of Ireland's greatest classic event, has died at Gestut Isarland in Germany.
Vincent O'Brien, widely acknowledged as the greatest European trainer ever, died June 1 at the age of 92 at his home in Straffan, Co. Kildare, Ireland
- By Mark Popham
The children of the late Robert Sangster recently announced plans to sell the international bloodstock empire that he established.
Coolmore stallion Royal Academy, who attained milestones as both a yearling and as a racehorse, came through with one as a stallion. The 17-year-old stallion has sired his 100th stakes winner.
Robert Sangster, the leading racehorse owner of the 1970s and 1980s, has died at age 67 after a long battle with cancer, according to the London Telegraph.
Be My Guest, who led the English/Irish sire list in 1982, has been pensioned at age of 29
Alleged was euthanized Friday morning at John T. L. Jones Jr.'s Walmac International near Lexington, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- White Beauty Lineage
- Laurel Park to Introduce Fans to Ownership Experience
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic