Trainer Mike Mitchell, who had brain surgery a day earlier, surely got some much-needed tonic when his Camp Victory swept to victory in the $250,000 Triple Bend Handicap (gr. I) at Betfair Hollywood Park June 30.
Camp Victory was declared the official winner of the $100,000 Los Angeles Handicap (gr. III) at Hollywood Park when Amazombie, first across the line, was disqualified after bulling his way to the front in mid-stretch May 30.
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work
- Vexatious Stands Out in Oaks Move
- BloodHorse.com Launches BackTrack Channel
- Quiet Business Wins Bewitch on Keeneland's Closing Day