Taking advantage of a swift early pace, Victory Encounter circled the field on the turn for home and rumbled home to register her fourth consecutive triumph in Sunday's $150,000 El Encino Stakes (gr. II) for 4-year-old fillies at Santa Anita.
Sale records were established for gross revenue and average price during the Doncaster breeze-up auction, which ended its two-day run on Friday in England.
Coolmore Stud is working on a deal that calls for first-crop stallion Victory Speech to stand the 2002 breeding season at East Stud in Japan.
Millionaire Victory Speech's first winner came out Aug. 12 when Winning Talk won at six furlongs at Monmouth Park.
Frank Calabrese and a 2-year-old colt by Victory Speech combined to top Saturday's Illinois sale. Calabrese paid $100,000 for hip #25 at the June 23 Illinois Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Foundation sale at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Princess Violet Tops Ruffian Stakes Entrants
- Pletcher Considers Preakness Stakes Options
- Unspurned Seeks Repeat Performance in Hendrie
- KHRC Vote on Salix Threshold Triggers Debate
- Wolf Man Rocket Ships in for Peter Pan Stakes
- Beholder, Warren's Veneda Face Off in Vanity
- Hardest Core in Man o' War vs. Imagining
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- Keeneland Simulcast Operations to Red Mile
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking