Forging Oaks Farm's Victory Lap circled her rivals while seven wide on the turn for home and registered an impressive 1 3/4-length win over a large field at odds of 28-1 in the $100,000 Ellis Park Breeders' Cup Turf for fillies and mares Saturday.
Heavily favored Asi Siempre rallied from far back Friday at Keeneland to win the $125,000 Valley View Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies by a nose.
A fresh start was in order for the Irish-bred invader Naissance Royale, who began her career in France, and the 3-year-old filly responded brilliantly with a late surge to win in the $150,000 Lake Placid Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Saratoga lawn Friday.
Like most trainers halfway through this year's Saratoga meet, Todd Pletcher has experienced his fair share of satisfaction and frustration. Still, he again leads the training standings with 14 winners, including three graded stakes winners, heading into Wednesday's card.
Victory Lap recorded the most decisive victory of the meeting with a 14 ¼-length score on the turf in the $100,000 Lone Star Oaks in Grand Prairie, Texas, for her fifth win in a row.
A field of eight 3-year-old fillies has been drawn for Saturday's $100,000 Lone Star Oaks at 1 1/16 miles on turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Dynamic Impact Nabs 'Hawk in Illinois Derby
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Kid Cruz Wins Tesio, Enters Preakness Picture
- Reddam's Bond Holder Succumbs to Laminitis
- Flashy American Flies to Sixty Sails Score
- Mr Speaker Takes Down Coolmore Lexington
- California Chrome Cruises at Los Alamitos
- Frac Daddy Powers Home in Ben Ali
- La Verdad Shows Her Heels in Distaff Handicap
- Kentucky Derby Stars Come Out at Keeneland