Forging Oaks Farm's Victory Lap circled her rivals while seven wide on the turn for home and registered an impressive 1 3/4-length win over a large field at odds of 28-1 in the $100,000 Ellis Park Breeders' Cup Turf for fillies and mares Saturday.
Heavily favored Asi Siempre rallied from far back Friday at Keeneland to win the $125,000 Valley View Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies by a nose.
A fresh start was in order for the Irish-bred invader Naissance Royale, who began her career in France, and the 3-year-old filly responded brilliantly with a late surge to win in the $150,000 Lake Placid Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Saratoga lawn Friday.
Like most trainers halfway through this year's Saratoga meet, Todd Pletcher has experienced his fair share of satisfaction and frustration. Still, he again leads the training standings with 14 winners, including three graded stakes winners, heading into Wednesday's card.
Victory Lap recorded the most decisive victory of the meeting with a 14 ¼-length score on the turf in the $100,000 Lone Star Oaks in Grand Prairie, Texas, for her fifth win in a row.
A field of eight 3-year-old fillies has been drawn for Saturday's $100,000 Lone Star Oaks at 1 1/16 miles on turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Frac Daddy Inherits San Diego's Favorite Role
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Bing Crosby Attracts Goldencents, Declassify
- Flashy American Wheels Back for Shuvee 'Cap
- La Verdad True Speed of Honorable Miss at Spa
- Medea Seeks to Double Up in Matchmaker Stakes
- Monmouth-Winning Fillies Target Molly Pitcher
- Pants On Fire Seeks Monmouth Cup Repeat
- Candy Boy Among 47 West Virginia Derby Noms