Tom Van Meter's Victory U. S. A., who broke her maiden in her debut by a whopping 6 ½ lengths on Aug. 3, worked :48 1/5 handily over a fast main track at Del Mar Wednesday with regular rider Dana Barnes aboard.
Champion and classic winner Victory Gallop was represented by his first winner when his son Victory Light won July 12
Distorted Humor, who ranks second on the first-crop sire list by progeny earnings, had his fee boosted to $20,000 from $12,500
TVG has announced it will offer exclusive live coverage of the Keeneland July Select Yearling Sale.
WinStar Farm has been inundated with 600 entries for a name-the-foal contest that doesn't formally begin until May 2.
Carl Schloessman named vice president of marketing at Arlington Park...WinStar Farm announces Victory Gallop naming contest.
How do you get a classic winner? Do you build up a broodmare band, then nurture the resulting offspring and race them as homebreds? Or do you leave all the work associated with foal production to someone else and go shopping at one of the many sales that offer young horses? Combing the sales for classic prospects is a viable option. In fact, during the past 15 years, most winners of the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), Preakness (gr. I), and Belmont Stakes (gr. I) were offered at public auction prior to their classic triumphs.
Most Popular Stories
- Meadowlands Cancels Friday card
- TimeformUS Weekend Plays: The G2 Lafayette
- Stevens Says He'll Ride in Breeders' Cup
- Distorted Humor Tops WinStar Stallion Fees
- Ashford Execs Testify in Love Me Only Trial
- Will Take Charge to Stand for $30,000
- Pletcher Pair Heads Turnback the Alarm
- Bel's Starlet, 27, Dies at Our Mims
- Mott's BC Fillies are Close to His Heart
- FTBOA Names New Executive Committee, Board