Victory U.S.A., an impressive maiden winner from the barn of trainer Bob Baffert, heads a field of six entered this morning for $250,000 Del Mar Debutante (gr. I).
Tom Van Meter's Victory U. S. A., who broke her maiden in her debut by a whopping 6 ½ lengths on Aug. 3, worked :48 1/5 handily over a fast main track at Del Mar Wednesday with regular rider Dana Barnes aboard.
Champion and classic winner Victory Gallop was represented by his first winner when his son Victory Light won July 12
Distorted Humor, who ranks second on the first-crop sire list by progeny earnings, had his fee boosted to $20,000 from $12,500
TVG has announced it will offer exclusive live coverage of the Keeneland July Select Yearling Sale.
WinStar Farm has been inundated with 600 entries for a name-the-foal contest that doesn't formally begin until May 2.
Carl Schloessman named vice president of marketing at Arlington Park...WinStar Farm announces Victory Gallop naming contest.
How do you get a classic winner? Do you build up a broodmare band, then nurture the resulting offspring and race them as homebreds? Or do you leave all the work associated with foal production to someone else and go shopping at one of the many sales that offer young horses? Combing the sales for classic prospects is a viable option. In fact, during the past 15 years, most winners of the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), Preakness (gr. I), and Belmont Stakes (gr. I) were offered at public auction prior to their classic triumphs.
Most Popular Stories
- Frivolous Posts Falls City Handicap Upset
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go
- Finnegans Wake Prevails in Hollywood Turf Cup
- Salutos Amigos Rallies to Win Fall Highweight
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- Daddy D T Tops Cecil B. DeMille Stakes
- Euros Inside and Out After Japan Cup Draw
- Nathaniel Filly Tops Tattersalls Foal Session
- Discreet Marq, La Tia Square Off in Matriarch
- Secret Circle, Itsmyluckyday in Cigar Mile