Tom Van Meter's Victory U. S. A., who broke her maiden in her debut by a whopping 6 ½ lengths on Aug. 3, worked :48 1/5 handily over a fast main track at Del Mar Wednesday with regular rider Dana Barnes aboard.
Champion and classic winner Victory Gallop was represented by his first winner when his son Victory Light won July 12
Distorted Humor, who ranks second on the first-crop sire list by progeny earnings, had his fee boosted to $20,000 from $12,500
TVG has announced it will offer exclusive live coverage of the Keeneland July Select Yearling Sale.
WinStar Farm has been inundated with 600 entries for a name-the-foal contest that doesn't formally begin until May 2.
Carl Schloessman named vice president of marketing at Arlington Park...WinStar Farm announces Victory Gallop naming contest.
How do you get a classic winner? Do you build up a broodmare band, then nurture the resulting offspring and race them as homebreds? Or do you leave all the work associated with foal production to someone else and go shopping at one of the many sales that offer young horses? Combing the sales for classic prospects is a viable option. In fact, during the past 15 years, most winners of the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), Preakness (gr. I), and Belmont Stakes (gr. I) were offered at public auction prior to their classic triumphs.
Most Popular Stories
- Honor Code Gets Tightener for Seasonal Debut
- Florida Derby Card to Receive Purse Incentive
- Hernandez Reaches 1,000th Victory Milestone
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Featured Horse Profile: Palace Malice
- California Chrome Shines Again in San Felipe
- Palace Malice Returns a Winner in GP Handicap
- Ring Weekend Springs Tampa Bay Derby Upset
- Top Billing Off Derby Trail With Fracture
- Indian Charlie Son Drills Fast Furlong at OBS