Banner Bill remained unbeaten in two starts for trainer Ralph Biamonte when he took command in upper stretch and romped to a 5 3/4-length victory in the $159,244 Victoria Stakes for 2-year-olds at Woodbine June 18.
Favorite Madman Diaries overcame a skirmish for the early lead and romped to a 9 1/4-length victory in the $147,257 Victoria Stakes, Canada's first important 2-year-old test of the year at Woodbine June 19.
Olredlgetcha, winner of the June 14 Victoria Stakes on at Woodbine, was euthanized June 23 after suffering a staph infection in his right hock from a slight puncture wound received in the race.
Olredlgetcha, a 2-year-old son of Limehouse, was anything but green in his career bow, blowing away his rivals in the $136,098 Victoria Stakes at Woodbine June 14.
Southern Exchange made it back-to-back wins to begin his career when he romped to a 4 3/4-length win in Woodbine's $146,614 Victoria Stakes over four 2-year-olds rivals competing on the Polytrack surface June 15.
Trainer Josie Carroll will send out the likely favorite in Woodbine's $150,000 Victoria Park Stakes when Matt's Broken Vow takes on five other 3-year-olds going 1 1/8 miles June 8.
Kodiak Kowboy earned a third career win when he took Saturday's $150,000 Bashford Manor (gr. III) at Churchill Downs.
Trainer Steve Asmussen will send out five 2-year-olds in two stakes races as Churchill Downs wraps up the spring meet in Louisville this weekend.
Jockey Emile Ramsammy, thrown when his horse Stormthebarricade fell after clipping heels with Gemini Dream in Saturday's Victoria Stakes at Woodbine, suffered a fractured cheekbone.
Most Popular Stories
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Untapable, Tapiture Settle in at Fair Grounds
- New Management for 2015 at Rillito Park
- Barretts January Mixed Sale Catalog Online
- Lenny's Place - Episode 7
- New Rules Lead to Spike in Indiana Positives
- New York Panel Announces Winning Casino Bids
- NYTHA Has Plan to Deal With Election Protest