Marie G. Krantz, chairman of the board of Fair Grounds Race Course for the past 13 years, died early Saturday after a long illness. She was 67.
Serena's Tune, the first foal from champion Serena's Song, won the March 16 Victoria Lass Handicap at Fair Grounds in her last start. She will be bred this spring to Storm Cat.
Hallowed Dreams led at every call on the way to earning her fourth straight victory since suffering her lone career defeat, breaking the track record for six furlongs while winning the $125,000 Victoria Lass Handicap by 5 1/4 lengths on Saturday at Fair Grounds. The win improves the career mark of the Louisiana-bred filly to 20 wins from 21 starts.
Hallowed Dreams puts her new three-race winning streak on the line in Saturday's $125,000 Victoria Lass Handicap at Fair Grounds. The 4-year-old will carry 121 pounds, spotting her four rivals from seven to 10 pounds in the six-furlong contest.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- Recalling World's Most Lucrative Races
- New York Lawmakers Question Cuomo's NYRA Plans
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Lane to Join The National Stud as New Stud Manager
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends