A minor injury has delayed two-time champion Songbird's training in 2017, Fox Hill Farm's Victoria Keith said March 17.
A Malibu Moon filly that was described by her consignor as a “sculpture” was purchased by Rick Porter’s Fox Hill Farm for $300,000 to be the top-priced offering early during the first session of the Fasig-Tipton October yearling sale.
A case in Central Kentucky that has resulted in 43 charges of second degree animal cruelty against Charles “Chuck” Borell and trainer Maria Borell has brought to the fore the laws in the state governing acts such as abandonment.
As authorities worked to see who is responsible for a case of neglected horses in Central Kentucky, individuals within the horse industry are marshaling forces to help ensure the care of the animals and make attempts to have the horses relocated.
Rick Porter, already a successful owner and mare pinhooker, steps into the 2-year-old game with Pegasus Bridge yearling purchases.
Rick Porter, whose Hard Spun won the Aug. 25 King's Bishop Stakes (gr. I), is launching a new partnership venture named Turf Club USA. Porter, who races as Fox Hill Farm, has also campaigned grade I winners Jostle and Round Pond.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Museum to Become Home for Lukas Collection
- Wilkes Continues to Do Nafzger Proud
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Grade 2 Winner Iliad Retired
- Thunder Snow Enters Quarantine at Churchill Downs
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Practical Joke Rewards Breeders' Faith in His Dam
- Horseman Mike Johnson Knows a Good One in McCraken
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby