A minor injury has delayed two-time champion Songbird's training in 2017, Fox Hill Farm's Victoria Keith said March 17.
A Malibu Moon filly that was described by her consignor as a “sculpture” was purchased by Rick Porter’s Fox Hill Farm for $300,000 to be the top-priced offering early during the first session of the Fasig-Tipton October yearling sale.
A case in Central Kentucky that has resulted in 43 charges of second degree animal cruelty against Charles “Chuck” Borell and trainer Maria Borell has brought to the fore the laws in the state governing acts such as abandonment.
As authorities worked to see who is responsible for a case of neglected horses in Central Kentucky, individuals within the horse industry are marshaling forces to help ensure the care of the animals and make attempts to have the horses relocated.
Rick Porter, already a successful owner and mare pinhooker, steps into the 2-year-old game with Pegasus Bridge yearling purchases.
Rick Porter, whose Hard Spun won the Aug. 25 King's Bishop Stakes (gr. I), is launching a new partnership venture named Turf Club USA. Porter, who races as Fox Hill Farm, has also campaigned grade I winners Jostle and Round Pond.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Farrell Poised for Next Test in Fair Grounds Oaks
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen