International Racing Group and parent company Youbet.com are facing a Nov. 12 deadline in regards to IRG's license to operate a wagering hub in Oregon, and basically have two avenues to pursue for continued operation there.
To comply with a court order handed down Thursday, Youbet.com will delay its annual shareholders meeting so it can provide information on the ramifications of a majority buyout by Gemstar Inc., parent company of Television Games Network.
TV Games Network, a shareholder in Youbet.com with an option to buy a majority interest in the company, has filed a lawsuit against Youbet for proposed changes to voting and term limits for its board of directors.
Most Popular Stories
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Disco Rico Euthanized After Laminitis Battle
- Horsemen, Suffolk Downs Continue Discussion
- Durkin to Receive Eclipse Award of Merit
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Slideshow: 2014 Farewells
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Attorney: NYTHA Protest Plan Not Objective
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned