The Laurel Park's winter meeting ended March 29 with apprentice jockey Trevor McCarthy taking the jockey title and four conditioners sharing the trainer title.
Puerto Rican native Israel Rodriguez made a great first impression at Laurel Park Feb. 28, riding a winner in his initial race in the United States.
Trainer Mike Trombetta had a very good afternoon at Laurel Park Jan. 25, winning the $100,000 Miracle Wood Stakes with Extrasexyhippzster then coming right back to take the $100,000 Native Dancer Stakes with Bold Curlin.
Victor Carrasco beat out fellow Puerto Rican riders Manuel Franco and Edgard Zayas to win the 2013 Eclipse Award as the nation's outstanding apprentice jockey.
Statistically speaking, there's little separating jockeys Victor Carrasco, Manuel Franco, and Edgard Zayas, the three Puerto Rican-born finalists for the 2013 Eclipse Award as outstanding apprentice rider.
Apprentice jockey Victor Carrasco went over the 200-win mark for the year Dec. 13 when the 21-year-old rode two winners at Laurel Park, including number 200 for the year.
Trainer Jamie Ness collected his 2,000th career victory when Caylee's Song won the second race at Laurel Park Nov. 28.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- WV Racing Struggles With Plan for Stability
- Researchers Study Near-, Farsightedness in Horses
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- British Racing Undertakes Education Program
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25