Jay Em Ess Stable's homebred By the Moon returned to the winner's circle after posting an easy four-length decision in the $100,000 Caesar's Wish Stakes March 21 at Laurel Park.
Majestic Affair lived up to his 2-5 odds when he romped to a 5 3/4-length win in the $100,000 Frank Whiteley Jr. Stakes over seven rival 3-year-olds Jan. 29 at Laurel Park.
The Laurel Park's winter meeting ended March 29 with apprentice jockey Trevor McCarthy taking the jockey title and four conditioners sharing the trainer title.
Puerto Rican native Israel Rodriguez made a great first impression at Laurel Park Feb. 28, riding a winner in his initial race in the United States.
Trainer Mike Trombetta had a very good afternoon at Laurel Park Jan. 25, winning the $100,000 Miracle Wood Stakes with Extrasexyhippzster then coming right back to take the $100,000 Native Dancer Stakes with Bold Curlin.
Victor Carrasco beat out fellow Puerto Rican riders Manuel Franco and Edgard Zayas to win the 2013 Eclipse Award as the nation's outstanding apprentice jockey.
Statistically speaking, there's little separating jockeys Victor Carrasco, Manuel Franco, and Edgard Zayas, the three Puerto Rican-born finalists for the 2013 Eclipse Award as outstanding apprentice rider.
Apprentice jockey Victor Carrasco went over the 200-win mark for the year Dec. 13 when the 21-year-old rode two winners at Laurel Park, including number 200 for the year.
Trainer Jamie Ness collected his 2,000th career victory when Caylee's Song won the second race at Laurel Park Nov. 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Grudge Match in the Alysheba
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation
- Amoss Believes Lanerie Best Fit for Mo Tom
- NBC Sports Group Sets Derby Week Coverage
- Three Grade I Winners Vie for La Troienne
- Nyquist's Groom Keeps Top Derby Horse Happy
- Adversaries Unite at Trainers' Dinner
- Nyquist Strong in First Churchill Gallop