Tigertail Ranch's homebred 3-year-old Mobile Bay tops a competitive renewal of the $150,000 Louisiana Champions Day Classic on Dec. 12 at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots.
Tigertail Ranch's homebred Mobile Bay got the bob and won the Zia Park Derby by a nose, while International Star checked in fourth in his first race since his victory in the Louisiana Derby (gr. II) in March.
Super Derby (gr. II) winner Mobile Bay takes his show on the road to Remington Park for the Sept. 27 Oklahoma Derby (gr. III). The nine-furlong race for 3-year-olds is worth $400,000.
Mobile Bay missed in the prep race but delivered in the one that counted, rallying to victory in the $400,000 Super Derby (gr. II) Sept. 12 at Louisiana Downs.
Brittlyn Stable's Brother Bean set a track record when he covered 5 1/2 furlongs in 1:03.09 in Thursday's first race at Fair Grounds Race Course.
Front-running Connor's Call, owned by Valene Farms, won the $91,485 colts and geldings division, while Marcia LaMarche's Anything But Quiet came from off the pace to win the $93,685 fillies division of the Louisiana Futurity Friday at Fair Grounds.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Maurice, Chautauqua Victorious in Hong Kong
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile