Tigertail Ranch's homebred 3-year-old Mobile Bay tops a competitive renewal of the $150,000 Louisiana Champions Day Classic on Dec. 12 at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots.
Tigertail Ranch's homebred Mobile Bay got the bob and won the Zia Park Derby by a nose, while International Star checked in fourth in his first race since his victory in the Louisiana Derby (gr. II) in March.
Super Derby (gr. II) winner Mobile Bay takes his show on the road to Remington Park for the Sept. 27 Oklahoma Derby (gr. III). The nine-furlong race for 3-year-olds is worth $400,000.
Mobile Bay missed in the prep race but delivered in the one that counted, rallying to victory in the $400,000 Super Derby (gr. II) Sept. 12 at Louisiana Downs.
Brittlyn Stable's Brother Bean set a track record when he covered 5 1/2 furlongs in 1:03.09 in Thursday's first race at Fair Grounds Race Course.
Front-running Connor's Call, owned by Valene Farms, won the $91,485 colts and geldings division, while Marcia LaMarche's Anything But Quiet came from off the pace to win the $93,685 fillies division of the Louisiana Futurity Friday at Fair Grounds.
Most Popular Stories
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta
- Wild At Heart Makes Short Work of Buena Vista
- High Ridge Road Closes to Win Barbara Fritchie
- Miss Temple City, Lady Eli Put in First Works of 2017
- Imperial Hint Makes the Grade in General George
- Gunnevera, Three Rules Work toward Fountain of Youth