Sunday's grade III, $125,000-added Thoroughbred Club of America Stakes at Keeneland drew a field of 11 fillies and mares.
Ron and Ricki Rashinki's favored Vicki Vallencourt took the lead after a half-mile and pulled away in the stretch under Rafael Bejarano for a 7 1/4-length triumph in the $102,050 Ellis Park Breeders's Cup Handicap Sunday.
Stoneway Farm's Proper Gamble closes out Keeneland meeting with nose victory in the Stonerside Beaumont Stakes.
Proper Gamble survived a late challenge by Respectful to take the $250,000 Stonerside Beaumont Stakes (gr. II) by the slimmest of noses.
Miss Indiana, who races in the colors of Keith Asmussen and country music star George Strait's Ocean Front Property, will look to keep her perfect record intact as the possible favorite in a field of nine juvenile fillies slated to contest the grade III $100,000 Arlington-Washington Lassie Saturday at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Putting Uncle Mo in Perspective