Sunday's grade III, $125,000-added Thoroughbred Club of America Stakes at Keeneland drew a field of 11 fillies and mares.
Ron and Ricki Rashinki's favored Vicki Vallencourt took the lead after a half-mile and pulled away in the stretch under Rafael Bejarano for a 7 1/4-length triumph in the $102,050 Ellis Park Breeders's Cup Handicap Sunday.
Stoneway Farm's Proper Gamble closes out Keeneland meeting with nose victory in the Stonerside Beaumont Stakes.
Proper Gamble survived a late challenge by Respectful to take the $250,000 Stonerside Beaumont Stakes (gr. II) by the slimmest of noses.
Miss Indiana, who races in the colors of Keith Asmussen and country music star George Strait's Ocean Front Property, will look to keep her perfect record intact as the possible favorite in a field of nine juvenile fillies slated to contest the grade III $100,000 Arlington-Washington Lassie Saturday at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Florida Sire Stakes Series Continues Sept. 5
- Curlin to Hill 'n' Dale in 2016
- Rachel's Valentina, Tonasah Head Spinaway
- USADA Contributes to Steroid Crackdown
- Del Mar Debutante Field Talented and Diverse
- Spendthrift Out Front with Top Sires' Fees
- Back to Business for Liam's Map in Woodward
- Goldy Espony on Streak Entering Glens Falls
- No Stability with Texas Commission Funding