Trainer Vicki Oliver says she's leaning toward the Nov. 26 race, which would be the final start for 5-year-old Frivolous.
The 5-year-old Empire Maker mare is under consideration to face males in the Nov. 27 running of the $500,000 Clark Handicap (gr. I), which would be the final start of her career.
In a rare matchup of Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) winners, Winchell Thoroughbreds' Untapable and Brereton Jones' Lovely Maria were entered Thursday as part of a field of nine fillies and mares for the 60th Spinster.
Direct Line, battling West Hope all the way around, got up by a nose at the wire to win the $100,000 Gardenia Handicap (gr. III) in an 11-1 surprise at Ellis Park Aug. 14.
Trainer Vicki Oliver thinks Southern Fiction rates another opportunity to earn some graded stakes brackets, and Sunday's $100,000 Matchmaker Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the turf at Monmouth Park is the spot.
The $100,000 Eatontown Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares usually draws high profile shippers, but there are two home team representatives in Saturday's race at Monmouth Park who could get the job done.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Tepin Back to Brilliant in Saratoga Work
- Flatter Colt Tops OBS Select Yearling Session
- Southern CA Tracks, TOC Have Dates Agreement
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Gran Villano is 75th Scat Daddy Stakes Winner
- 'Cleopatra' in Gate Drill for Debutante
- Six Stakes Fill NY Showcase Day
- 'Chrome,' Beholder Weighing Options after PC
- BH 100: Covered Up