Trainer Vicki Oliver says she's leaning toward the Nov. 26 race, which would be the final start for 5-year-old Frivolous.
The 5-year-old Empire Maker mare is under consideration to face males in the Nov. 27 running of the $500,000 Clark Handicap (gr. I), which would be the final start of her career.
In a rare matchup of Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) winners, Winchell Thoroughbreds' Untapable and Brereton Jones' Lovely Maria were entered Thursday as part of a field of nine fillies and mares for the 60th Spinster.
Direct Line, battling West Hope all the way around, got up by a nose at the wire to win the $100,000 Gardenia Handicap (gr. III) in an 11-1 surprise at Ellis Park Aug. 14.
Trainer Vicki Oliver thinks Southern Fiction rates another opportunity to earn some graded stakes brackets, and Sunday's $100,000 Matchmaker Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the turf at Monmouth Park is the spot.
The $100,000 Eatontown Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares usually draws high profile shippers, but there are two home team representatives in Saturday's race at Monmouth Park who could get the job done.
Most Popular Stories
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Tapit Colt Tops Barretts Hips to Watch
- Arrogate and How We Define Greatness
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate