A sloppy track and red-hot pace battle did nothing to slow Semaphore Man, who repelled a challenge from Junior College through the stretch and drew off in the final strides for a front-running 1 1/4-length victory in the $150,000 Count Fleet Sprint Handicap (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park April 10.
Favorites Tribesman and Vicarino dueled each other into submission in the $100,000 Bay Meadows Sprint (gr. III), allowing the late-running Bonfante to earn an easy 4 1/2-length win for trainer Ron McAnally March 15 in San Mateo, Calif.
The speedster Tribesman, on a five-race winning streak after upsetting grade I winner Idiot Proof in the Phoenix Gold Cup Handicap last month, collides with top Northern California sprinter Vicarino in the $100,000 Bay Meadows Sprint (gr. III) March 15.
Heavy favorite Vicarino broke the five-furlong track mark at Bay Meadows Feb. 21 even though he spotted his rivals a head start in the $42,400 sprint feature.
Vicarino set sail early and disposed of three foes to net his third win in four career starts in the Stinson Beach Stakes at Golden Gate Fields New Year's Day.
Most Popular Stories
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- GI Winners Untapable, Lea Work in Kentucky
- Arrests in Connection With Derby Night Death
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Keeneland Asks to Move Simulcasts to Red Mile
- Divining Rod On Target for Preakness Stakes
- Chinese Buyer Lands Top Two Mares at Inglis
- Kentucky Downs Plans KTDF Purse Increase
- 'Sea Hero' Symposium Set for May 30
- ABR Releases Episode 4 of TC Video Series