Favored Vicar's in Trouble, back in his home state for the first time since winning the Louisiana Derby (gr. II) in March, dominated the 35th renewal of the $400,000 Super Derby (gr. II) Sept. 6 at Louisiana Downs.
In stature Vicar's in Trouble will be one of the smallest starters in this year's Kentucky Derby (gr. I), but he will carry big hopes for not just his connections but the state of Louisiana as well.
Vicar's in Trouble led every step of the way, turning back the challenge of favored Intense Holiday to post a comfortable win in the $1 million Louisiana Derby (gr. II)at Fair Grounds March 29.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES
Lecomte Stakes winner Vicar's in Trouble is keeping the spotlight on his sire Into Mischief.
Vicar's in Trouble, a romping 6 3/4-length winner of the Lecomte Stakes (gr. III) Jan. 18, is to remain in at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots for his next start.
After demolishing 10 over-matched Louisiana-breds to close out his 2012 season, Vicar's in Trouble gave open company the same treatment Jan. 18 when he rolled to an easy victory in the $200,000 Lecomte Stakes (gr. III).
Most Popular Stories
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'
- Keen Ice Tired After Travers, 'Classic' Ahead
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- Stellar Wind Dominant in Torrey Pines
- Valid Bounds Away to Iselin Victory
- Runhappy Romps to Record King's Bishop Score
- NY Fan Forum: Improve Customer Service
- Navarro Mulling BC Dirt Mile for Private Zone
- Smokey the Pony Reining at Saratoga
- Site Read Favored in With Anticipation