Five fillies, led in by winner Mossfun, dominated the finish of the Toohey's New Golden Slipper Stakes (Aus-I), the world's richest 2-year-old race, April 5 at Rosehill Gardens.
Garry Chittick's homebred Costume denied group I winner Shuka's attempt at a last-to-first victory, digging in to narrowly prevail by a nose for her first stakes win in the Herbie Dyke (NZ-I) Feb. 8 at Te Rapa.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- Nine Honored at Walk of Champions Gala