The Racing Officials Accreditation Program hopes to make progress this year on protocol that will keep horses placed on various lists from showing up and racing at other tracks while ineligible under current guidelines.
The Jockey Club Thoroughbred Safety Committee will implement a centralized database for racehorse necropsy information and has recommended all horses that come off the vet's list be subject to testing.
The California Horse Racing Board will expand its voided claims rule to include not only horses who suffer a fatality but also horses placed on the Veterinarian's List as lame or unsound after the race.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- American Freedom Clear Winner in Iowa Derby
- As Borell Released, Cruelty Laws Questioned
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Top Caribbean Race to Be Held at Gulfstream
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- Globetrotting Tepin Preps for Saratoga Ship
- The Paralyzed Jockey Who's Still in the Race