The Racing Officials Accreditation Program hopes to make progress this year on protocol that will keep horses placed on various lists from showing up and racing at other tracks while ineligible under current guidelines.
The Jockey Club Thoroughbred Safety Committee will implement a centralized database for racehorse necropsy information and has recommended all horses that come off the vet's list be subject to testing.
The California Horse Racing Board will expand its voided claims rule to include not only horses who suffer a fatality but also horses placed on the Veterinarian's List as lame or unsound after the race.
Most Popular Stories
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Report: Dips in Stallion, Mares-Bred Numbers
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- Quidura Reigns for Motion in Valley View
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Mr. Nightlinger Moved to Mighty Acres
- Court Rules Borells Have No Claim on Horses