The Racing Officials Accreditation Program hopes to make progress this year on protocol that will keep horses placed on various lists from showing up and racing at other tracks while ineligible under current guidelines.
The Jockey Club Thoroughbred Safety Committee will implement a centralized database for racehorse necropsy information and has recommended all horses that come off the vet's list be subject to testing.
The California Horse Racing Board will expand its voided claims rule to include not only horses who suffer a fatality but also horses placed on the Veterinarian's List as lame or unsound after the race.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Maurice, Chautauqua Victorious in Hong Kong
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Alert Bay Holds Tough in San Francisco Mile