Saying the bill would have expanded gambling in Indiana, Gov. Mike Pence has vetoed a bill that would have allowed state residents to use advance deposit wagering to bet on horse races.
The Thoroughbred Breeders' Association of New Jersey is reworking its 2010 budget, but in a Feb. 19 letter to Republican Gov. Chris Christie, the organization took issue with the governor's veto of the budget.
- By Tom Precious
The gubernatorial veto of a new video lottery terminal plan in New York was overridden May 15 by the state legislature, seemingly putting an end to months of uncertainty over the legislation.
California Gov. Gray Davis' veto of legislation that would have authorized account wagering and backstretch unionization is a major setback for the state's pari-mutuel industry.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag
- Mike Venezia Memorial Award to Go to Pino
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Exaggerator Gallops at Pimlico Race Course
- Rabada Strikes for Second Group I Win in SAf
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31