The Thoroughbred Breeders' Association of New Jersey is reworking its 2010 budget, but in a Feb. 19 letter to Republican Gov. Chris Christie, the organization took issue with the governor's veto of the budget.
The gubernatorial veto of a new video lottery terminal plan in New York was overridden May 15 by the state legislature, seemingly putting an end to months of uncertainty over the legislation.
California Gov. Gray Davis' veto of legislation that would have authorized account wagering and backstretch unionization is a major setback for the state's pari-mutuel industry.
Most Popular Stories
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Del Mar Makes Adjustment to Slow Polytrack
- Perfect at Spa, Sweet Reason Ready for Test
- Trainer Joshua Stein Wins in Debut at Sonoma
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Clement Hirsch: Iotapa After BC Distaff Slot
- CDI Reports Record Second Quarter Revenues
- New York-Bred Palace At Home In Vanderbilt
- Juddmonte Stallions Available to S.H. Mares
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll