A group of racetrack veterinarians have offered their own proposal for "universal race-day medication and testing," and have told the American Association of Equine Practitioners they want their collective voice heard during a medication summit planned for Dec. 4 in Tucson, Ariz.
The incidence of known pericarditis cases in Central Kentucky has reached nearly 60 horses. At least a dozen horses have died because of the condition, which produces inflammation of, and fluid in, the sac surrounding the heart.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Apprentice Courtney Hernandez Gets First Win