University of Kentucky researchers studying Mare Reproductive Loss Syndrome are concerned that the results of a study by Oregon State University linking vesiviruses, which can affect a wide variety of mammals, to MRLS can be misconstrued.
A new study by veterinary researchers at Oregon State University has linked a major epidemic of abortion a few years ago in Kentucky Thoroughbred mares to infection with vesivirus, the first time the virus has been suggested to cause this type of problem in horses.
Most Popular Stories
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Woobine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- Canterbury Releases 2014 Stakes Schedule
- Bill Presented to Expand KTDF Availability
- American Gaming Association Adds Churchill
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Finger Lakes Launches ADW Site
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study