University of Kentucky researchers studying Mare Reproductive Loss Syndrome are concerned that the results of a study by Oregon State University linking vesiviruses, which can affect a wide variety of mammals, to MRLS can be misconstrued.
A new study by veterinary researchers at Oregon State University has linked a major epidemic of abortion a few years ago in Kentucky Thoroughbred mares to infection with vesivirus, the first time the virus has been suggested to cause this type of problem in horses.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Hard Aces Too Tough in Cougar II
- Beholder Brilliant in Del Mar Breeze
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Nyquist Logs Final Work for Haskell
- Lanerie Scores Unusual Double at Ellis Park
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury