Vertiformer, a multiple graded stakes-placed 7-year-old old horse, will begin his stud career in 2015 at Poplar Creek Horse Center in Ohio.
Leading the pack of Ohio breeders is Robin L. Murphy, who stands nearly a dozen stallions at her 80-acre Poplar Creek Horse Center in Bethel, Ohio.
Newsdad, making just his second start in the past year, closed with authority to nip outsider Vertiformer at the wire in the $200,000 Pan American Stakes (gr. IIT) on the turf at Gulfstream Park March 29.
In the $200,000 Pan American Handicap (gr. IIT) at 1 1/2 miles at Gulfstream Park March 29, Ken and Sarah Ramsey will send out the pair of Admiral Kitten, trained by Mike Maker, and Charming Kitten, trained by Todd Pletcher.
The Big Bad Kittens are invading Texas, as grade I winner Admiral Kitten faces seven opponents in the $200,000 John B. Connally Turf Cup (gr. IIIT) at Sam Houston Race Park Jan. 25.
Lightly-raced Twilight Eclipse put away 3-2 favorite Ioya Bigtime entering the far turn and continued on to post an 11-1 upset win in the W.L. McKnight Handicap (gr. IIT) Nov. 24 at Calder Casino & Race Course.
Churchill Downs has announced the addition of four late nominees for the Woodford Reserve Turf Classic (gr. IT), which will be run immediately prior to the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) on Saturday, May 5.
Most Popular Stories
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Texas Chrome Named Texas Horse of the Year
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Cathryn Sophia Voted Top Midlantic-Bred for 2016
- OBS Championship Stakes Fields Set